FAQs / Help
Q: What types of silk are there?
A: There are only four types of natural silk produced around the world like Art Silk, Eri silk, Tussar Silk, and Sea Silk. Mulberry silk has been recognized the world over as the best quality of silk. The production involves silk worms feeding on the leaves of the Mulberry tree. The best-known silk is obtained from the cocoons of the larvae of the Mulberry silk worm Bomby mori.
Q: What is the length of Indian sari?
A: The length of an Indian sari can vary, but it is typically between 4 to 9 meters long. The standard length for a sari is around 5 to 6 meters, which allows for draping and pleating in various traditional styles.
Q: What is Kanjivaram silk?
A: Kanjivaram silk, also known as Kanchipuram silk, is a type of silk fabric that originates from the town of Kanchipuram in Tamil Nadu, India. It is renowned for its exquisite craftsmanship, rich texture, and vibrant colors. Kanjivaram silk is considered one of the finest and most luxurious forms of silk in India.
Q: What are types of saree in India?
- A: Banarasi Saree: Originating from Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh, Banarasi sarees are made of fine silk and are known for their intricate designs, heavy zari work, and opulent look.
- Kanjeevaram Saree: Hailing from the town of Kanchipuram in Tamil Nadu, Kanjeevaram sarees are renowned for their rich silk fabric, vibrant colors, and exquisite gold zari borders and motifs.
- Chanderi Saree: Chanderi sarees are crafted in the town of Chanderi in Madhya Pradesh. They are made of lightweight silk, cotton, or a combination of both, and are famous for their sheer texture, delicate patterns, and traditional motifs.
- Bandhani Saree: Bandhani sarees, also known as Bandhej sarees, are traditional tie-and-dye sarees made in Gujarat and Rajasthan. They feature intricate patterns created by tying small portions of the fabric and then dyeing it, resulting in beautiful designs.
- Patola Saree: Patola sarees are handwoven sarees made in Patan, Gujarat. They are known for their double ikat technique, where both the warp and weft threads are tie-dyed separately before weaving, resulting in stunning geometric patterns.
- Taant Saree: Taant sarees are woven in West Bengal and Bangladesh. They are made of cotton and are known for their light and breathable fabric, wide borders, and intricate thread work.
- Paithani Saree: Paithani sarees originate from Maharashtra and are characterized by their vibrant colors, peacock motifs, and intricate gold or silver zari work.
- Sambalpuri Saree: Sambalpuri sarees are handwoven in Odisha and are famous for their unique tie-and-dye patterns known as "Ikat" and the use of traditional motifs like shankha (conch shell) and chakra (wheel).
- Where do you source your sarees from?
A: Bookmycloth gets each saree from different weavers across the country. We source the most trusted saree store in India! With more than 1000+ saree designs, we proudly flaunt our Indian heritage in a contemporary way!
Is your saree material pure?
A: Bookmycloth has a mix of blended silk saree and for further details, please refer product description on the product.
Q: Is it mix or pure Kanjeevaram?
A: Kanjivaram silk sarees can vary in terms of their composition. Some sarees are made with pure silk, while others may incorporate a blend of silk and other fibers.
Q: Do you have cotton sarees?
A: Bookmycloth allows choosing from a wide range of Cotton sarees and Linen other sarees also.
Q: Can I customize my order?
A: Bookmycloth allows you to customize your order and we will take your request and process the order as per your request.
Q: Do you have a feature- try and buy?
A: Unfortunately, we don't have the try and buy feature yet.
Q: Which type of saree material is best for daily use?
A: Ultimately, the choice of saree material for daily wear depends on individual preferences, climate, and personal style. It's recommended to select a material that suits your comfort needs, aligns with your lifestyle, and reflects your aesthetic preferences.
Q: Can I get a free sample?
A: Unfortunately, we don’t provide any free samples, but there are many offers on products, please check the website link for availing of these offers.
Q: Do you have any offline stores.?
A: We do not have any offline store currently. We have all our products on our website.
Q: Can I return/replace my product after getting it stitched from Bookmycloth?
A: Unfortunately, we won't be able to return/replace your product after getting it stitched as per your measurements. We suggest providing correct measurements to avoid such scenarios.
Q: What's the procedure if the fitting is not perfect after getting it stitched?
A: We always strive to make the stitched goods fit you perfectly, however, we also keep some extra margins so the customer can alter the product themselves. We also can do the alternations for which you can send us the product packed safely. The shipping cost will be incurred by Bookmycloth.
Q: Am I getting stitched blouse along with ready to wear lehenga?
A:We have semi-stitched Lehengas with unstitched blouses. Please read the product description for details.
Q: Is there any special offer running in your online store?
A: Yes, seasonal offers are always there. Keep on checking Bookmycloth website for exciting offers and great deals.
Q: Do you have a gift-wrapping feature available?
A: No, we don't have a gift-wrapping feature available.
Q: Can I see real videos captured of your products?
A: No, we do not have this feature available. However, there is a Zoom-In Option for you to take a closer look at the sarees.
Q: Are the colors or products on the website accurate?
A: All the products at Bookmycloth are hand-crafted and specially created and handpicked for you. Due to the intricate and unique nature of the ethnic products available on our website, we take great pains in ensuring that we photograph all our products under standard lighting conditions so that the product image you see is as close to the product. However, there may be minor variations in the color of the fabric, dyes, prints, or embroideries of the product image you see on your monitor / mobile phone screens/laptops, etc, and the actual product.
Q: How do I share product links with my friends/family?
A: You can share the product using the browser link through SMS or Whatsapp etc.
Q: Do you notify for your fresh arrivals and deals?
A: For any discounts and fresh arrivals, a notification will be sent out if you enable the notifications.
Q: How do I know your products are genuine, are there any certificates available?
A: Unfortunately, there are no certificates available for authentication. But our sarees are sourced from native weavers and are the best of quality.
Q: Does your Kanchi saree have silk trademark?
A: We have blended silk saree, for detailed information please refers product description.
Q: I would like to sell my products on your site, how do I go about it?
A: You can write to us for more queries at firstname.lastname@example.org
Q: Can I order a product if that is marked sold out?
A: If the product is marked sold out you will not be able to order the product, however, we insist you keep checking our website if the product is in stock.
Q: What is Silk Mark?
A: Silk Mark is a certification mark used in India to authenticate and guarantee the purity of silk products. It is a registered trademark owned by the Silk Mark Organization of India (SMOI), which is a body established by the Central Silk Board, Ministry of Textiles, Government of India.
Q: Does products differ in look from the ones displayed online?
A: Remember that while online platforms strive to provide accurate representations of products, there can still be variations between the online image and the physical product.
Q: Do I need to take some specific care regarding the handling of the sarees?
A: It's important to note that different saree materials and embellishments may have specific care requirements. Always refer to the specific care instructions provided by the manufacturer or seller for the best maintenance practices for your sarees.
Q: How to soften the stiffness in starched sarees?
A: To soften the stiffness in starched sarees, you can follow these steps:
- Soaking: Fill a clean basin or bucket with lukewarm water. Gently immerse the starched saree in the water, ensuring it is fully submerged. Let the saree soak in water for about 30 minutes to an hour. This will help loosen the starch and make the fabric more pliable.
- Mild Detergent or Fabric Softener: After soaking, you can add a small amount of mild detergent or fabric softener to the water. Swirl the water gently to distribute the detergent or softener. This can help further soften the fabric and remove any remaining stiffness.
- Rinse: After soaking, carefully lift the saree from the water and gently squeeze out the excess water. Rinse the saree in clean water to remove any detergent or softener residue.
- Squeeze and Pat Dry: To remove excess water, gently squeeze the saree without wringing or twisting it. Avoid applying excessive force, as this can damage the fabric. After squeezing, lay the saree on a clean, dry towel and gently pat it dry to remove remaining moisture.
- Air Dry: Hang the saree on a padded hanger or a clothesline in a shaded area to air dry. Avoid direct sunlight, as it can cause color fading. Allow the saree to dry completely.
- Ironing: Once the saree is completely dry, you can lightly iron it to smoothen out any remaining stiffness. Set the iron to the appropriate temperature for the fabric type and use a pressing cloth or a thin cotton cloth over the saree while ironing to protect it from direct contact with the iron.
Q: Do you have EMI option?
A: Presently we don’t have any EMI option on Bookmycloth Website
Q: Do you accept payment through a wallet or UPI?
A: At Bookmycloth, we do accept payment through wallet or UPI.
Q: What are the different modes of refund?
A: Refunds are sent to Source accounts, If COD we send back to bank accounts
Q: Do you have tie up for credit card discount deals?
A: Yes, we do have tie-up with Payumoney.
Q: What are the shipping charges?
A: Free shipping on all prepaid & COD orders.
Q: When can I expect my order?
A: Once the domestic order is placed, it takes 5 to 7 business days to dispatch after placing the order.Then 4 to 5 business days for it to get delivered.
So, the estimated time would be 10 to 15 working days. You will receive the tracking details once your order has been shipped.
Q: Who are your courier partners??
A: We tied up with reputed couriers such as Delhivery, EcomExpress,Bluedart etc.
Returns and Exchanges
Q: What are the Return and Exchange timelines?
A: If there are any issues with the product, you can raise a request within 2 days for a return & 10 days to exchange.
Q: How do I reach customer care?
A: Email us at email@example.com, call us at +91-8238649163. We’d love to help you with your queries. Please beware of fraud numbers displayed on the internet. Only call us on the above-mentioned number which is our official contact number.